Daveinjapan
Timelord
Timelord

{ SO_SELECT }

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Digg Digg Share on Delicious Delicious

Special Weapons Dalek

Postby Daveinjapan » Thu May 31, 2007 4:07 am

Hey everyone,

I got my new PC, not top of the range (due to the wife), but pretty good.  I also mentionned CG in my University Classes and found one of the groups I teach english to study CG as their major.  Got a conversion out of MAX for that SWD that don posted at the start of the year.  The model was missing the textures, so MAX gave an error:

But the model itself was fine and I put it into polytrans and here are a couple of versions of the Dalek:

3DS
http://www.savefile.com/files/765632

OBJ
http://www.savefile.com/files/765649

I'm afraid the texture warnings filtered through the conversion process.

I had the option of Bryce 6 bundled with my PC for not much more, so I went for it, will speak more on that when I start a topic in the Bryce section, maybe tomorrow, but heres a render.  I'm afraid for this object in Bryce, smoothing is either on or off, and the metalic texture isn't quite there, still Lightwaves not set up at home yet, so heres a quick preview.

Thanks to don for posting the MAX file.  Credit to the unknown autor of the work, if it's you, please step forward and take credit.

Will post a Lightwave render later when I get the chance, to show the model better.

Laters all,

Dave.
Daveinjapan
Timelord
Timelord

SWD

Postby Daveinjapan » Thu May 31, 2007 5:33 am

Hey all,

Just had time to render this while doing my last class of the day.  No content at work, but at least only the surfaces that are meant to be flat are, and vice-versa.

If you want the model, download links and credit are in my above post.

Looking at it now, the model looks accurate as far as it is made, the gun and base are good, the midsection and dome need a little work, and according to some source pictures, the gun may need turning 45 degrees.

I don't have any use for it as I am going back to the models I was working on before my system melted for a Trod v Dalek run in.  Hope somebody enjoys it.
Last edited by Daveinjapan on Thu May 31, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daveinjapan
Timelord
Timelord

Re: help?

Postby koisingh » Thu May 04, 2017 5:20 am

koisingh

Previous

Return to 3D Studio Max